Are you like most other buyers and sellers in the market to buy or sell a home ? You can’t seem to find a home right now and you’re wondering when to expect some new listings to hit the Newton real estate market … Or you’re wondering when is the best time to sell your property … You’re wondering when the “spring market” actually starts and whether or not it even exists?
If 2013 is anything like 2012, here’s a little preview of when you can expect new listings to hit the Newton market:
Clearly, the “spring market” is no myth! 807 properties in Newton came onto the market between February and June and 588 properties came onto the market during the remaining months of the year!
If you’re in the market to sell or purchase a home now or are thinking about buying or selling in the “spring market,” here is my best advice:
- We are already into the “spring market!”
- Be prepared by learning how to buy in advance
- Determine what you can afford by getting “pre-approved” by a bank or mortgage company
- Learn the local market and sales trends
- Stay on top of new listings as they hit the market and be prepared to see them before open houses if the property allows
- Buy with confidence
- Select a real estate agent who works for you!